- Reviewing all construction plans to make sure they comply with City building, health and safety codes*;
- Inspecting all permitted construction projects and conducting residential property pre-sale inspections;
- Assisting with housing, fire protection, and zoning inspections and enforcement; and
- Coordinating with Los Angeles Fire Department on fire code enforcement requirements.
* The City of San Fernando enforces the code provision of the 2016 California Building Code and 2016 California Fire Code.
117 Macneil Street, San Fernando, CA 91340
(818) 898-1231 Desk| FVillalva@sfcity.org
8 am to 10 am | 12 pm to 3 pm | 4 pm to 5:30 pm
8 am to 10 am | 12 pm to 3 pm | 4 pm to 5 pm
** Note: City Hall is closed every other Friday due to a 9/80 work schedule.
The Program requires sellers to submit a Residential Property Pre-Sale Inspection Application and obtain the resulting pre-sale inspection report before they sell any residential property. The Program applies to all residential properties within the city, with the exception of hotels, motels, mobile homes, and mobile home parks.
The Program assures that purchasers are provided with a report of city records related to the structure at the property, and of any code violations as identified by a city inspection of the property prior to the sale or exchange of residential property.
The Program is also intended to protect and promote the existence of safe residential buildings, dwelling units, and neighborhoods by the enforcement of regulations designed to correct and prevent the sale or transfer residential buildings and dwelling units that are dangerous, deficient, substandard or unsanitary.
Francisco Villalva, Building and Safety Supervisor
(818) 898-1227 Office | (818) 898-1231 Desk