- Un-permitted construction work being done on a commercial, industrial, or residential property.
- Un-permitted building additions.
- Un-permitted conversions and use of garages and other structures as dwelling spaces.
- Hazardous material storage.
- Accumulations of trash, junk and debris on private properties visible from the street.
- Outdoor storage of inoperative, abandoned or dismantled vehicles visible from the public right-of-way.
- Lack of landscape maintenance, including mowing, watering and weed removal.
- Unmaintained and unsecured abandoned buildings and vacant lots.
- Swimming pools (stagnant water) and mosquitoes.
- Trash and junk dumped on the public street.
- Un-permitted business’s operating in the City.
- Un-permitted mobile food and/or street vending.
- Graffiti on private property
- Report code violations 24-hours a day to the Community Development Department at (818) 898-1227. Staff member are available to take your calls during normal City Hall hours of operation, or a voice message may be left after hours. You may report violations anonymously and all reports are handled confidentially.
- Please make sure to include the location and a description of the violation. If you would like a call back, please leave your name and telephone number.
- The Division’s goal is to conduct an initial inspection within one working day of receipt of your call. However, if the code violation creates a potential emergency, please contact the San Fernando Police Department at (818) 898-1267.
117 Macneil Street, San Fernando, CA 91340
(818) 898-1230 Desk | RGuzman@sfcity.org
Monday through Thursday | 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
*Note: City Hall is closed every other Friday due to a 9/80 work schedule