Our Department is responsible for a number of functions including:
- City Council meeting agenda preparation and distribution.
- Record and maintain legislative history of the City and the preparation of official minutes.
- Conduct municipal elections in an efficient and accurate manner as mandated by law.
- Publication and posting of notices of meetings, ordinances, and other City business as required by law.
- Custodian of Records – preparation of responses to public records requests under the California Public Records Act.
- Municipal Code maintenance and codification services.
- Filing Officer for the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC).
- Filing Officer for Statement of Economic Interest (Form 700) under the Conflict of Interest Code.
117 Macneil Street, San Fernando, CA 91340
(818) 898-1204 | EChavez@sfcity.org
7:30 am to 5:30 pm
8 am to 5 pm
*Note: City Hall is closed every other Friday due to a 9/80 work schedule
- L.A. County Registrar-Recorder (Voter Registration; Birth, Death, Marriage Records/Copies; Property Document Recording; Marriage Licenses and Ceremonies; Fictitious Business Name Filing; Notary Oaths)
- L.A. County Superior Court (Civil; Jury Services; Small Claims; Juvenile; Family; Probate; Traffic)
- City of Los Angeles (live outside San Fernando City Limits)