The Community Preservation Division seeks to work with businesses, property owners, and residents to enhance the quality of life and to foster civic pride by maintaining the beauty and charm of our city. The Division is charged with enforcing all City code requirements and investigating any code violation complaints. The Division is also responsible for implementing the City’s Graffiti Abatement Program.
- Un-permitted construction work being done on a commercial, industrial, or residential property.
- Accumulations of trash, junk and debris on private properties.
- Illegal building additions.
- Illegal conversions of garages and other structures into dwelling spaces.
- Mobile Food Vending.
- Outdoors storage of inoperative vehicles.
- Unmaintained and unsecured abandoned buildings and vacant lots.
- Abandoned or dismantled vehicles visible from the public right-of-way.
- Hazardous material storage.
- Swimming pools (stagnant water) and mosquitoes.
- Trash and junk dumped on the public street.
- Un-permitted business’s operating in the City.
- Lack of landscape maintenance, including mowing, edging, watering and weed removal.
- Debris or trash visible from the street.
- Report code violations 24-hours a day to the Community Development Department at (818) 898-1227. Staff member are available to take your calls during normal City Hall hours of operation, or a voice message may be left after hours. You may report violations anonymously and all reports are handled confidentially.
- Please make sure to include the location and a description of the violation. If you would like a call back, please leave your name and telephone number.
- The Division’s goal is to conduct an initial inspection within one working day of receipt of your call. However, if the code violation creates a potential emergency, please contact the San Fernando Police Department at (818) 898-1267.
Monday through Thursday
7:30 am to 5:30 pm
8 am to 5 pm
*Note: City Hall is closed every other Friday due to a 9/80 work schedule
(818) 898-1229 | CommunityDevelopment@sfcity.org