- Conduct surveillance
- Collect additional evidence related to criminal investigations
- Work closely with other law enforcement professionals from local, state, and federal agencies
- Write and serve search warrants
- File criminal cases with the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office
- Release of stored and impounded vehicles
- Process all incoming and outgoing found property
- Process all incoming and outgoing evidence related to a crime
- Prepare evidence for court and crime lab
- Process subpoenas
910 First Street, San Fernando, CA 91340
(818) 898-1255 | CColelli@sfcity.org
Monday through Friday
8:30 am to 5 pm
Stored vehicles do not need a vehicle release from Detectives; you may go directly to the storage facility to have your vehicle released
- Black & White Tow
10857 San Fernando Road, Pacoima
Impounded/Evidence vehicles need a vehicle release from the Detective Division. The registered owner must be present with a valid driver’s license and current registration.
- Vehicle Release Fee: $50
Repossession receipts may be obtained from the Detective Division. License or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and a valid ID is required.
- Repossession Receipt Fee: $15
Detective Bureau | (818) 898-1256
Property/Evidence is released during regular business hours and only released to the owner.
Subpoena questions may be directed to the Property Control Officer.
Chris Rios, Property Control Officer
(818) 898-1277 | CRios@sfcity.org
Crime maps are a monthly view of Part 1 crimes that have been reported to the San Fernando Police Department. Part 1 crimes consist of Homicide, Rape, Robbery, Assault, Burglary, Larceny, Arson and Auto Theft.
The San Fernando Police Department Blotter provides residents with information on activity that has occurred in the community. The Blotter data is accumulated from requests for service from the community and offer initiated activity. Sometimes that true nature of the incident differs from what is initially reported. No assumption of criminal guilt or affiliation should be drawn from the content of the information provided.