The Recreation and Community Services Department is excited to announce that the Providence Holy Cross Healthy San Fernando 5K Relay Walk or Run will be combined with the Dia de los Muertos event as part of the six-month Healthy San Fernando! Campaign. The goal is to improve the health of the community. This fun and healthy event includes:
- 5K Run/Walk Relay*
- 5K Individual Run*
- Kids Run
- Health Fair/Expo
- Health Screenings
- Art Exhibit**
- Face Painting and Children’s Workshops
|Date:||November 1-2, 2019|
|Time:||November 1, 2019 | 6:00 pm to 12:00 am
November 2, 2019 | 7:30 am to 5:00 pm
|Where:||Recreation Park, 208 Park Avenue, San Fernando|
* A 5K (3.1 miles) relay consisting of three loops of approximately 1.6K (1.03 miles) each.
** Exhibit your art for free by calling (818) 898-1290 or emailing JSandoval@sfcity.org.
*** Build an altar in remembrance of a loved one. Enjoy a movie in the park and story telling as you set up your altar. Spaces are free and on a first come, first serve basis. No reservation required, must check in upon arrival. No open flames or stakes to the ground. View additional guidelines below.
This option consists of a team of three people that can walk and/or run the course. Each team member will complete one loop. Time chips will be used to provide individual loop times and final team time. Top three teams from each category awarded prizes. All levels are encouraged to participate. All teams are three participants.
To sign up, a team captain must create the team profile and complete all team member information, including name, address, contact (email), date of birth, etc. to complete the registration process. All levels are encouraged to participate!
RELAY TEAM CATEGORIES INCLUDE:
OPEN: Individuals of all ages/levels
FAMILY: Minimum of one child and one adult
SCHOOL/YOUTH NON-PROFIT: Individuals representing a school/non-profit
PRICING: $20 pre-registration; $40 Race Day
RACE TIME: 9:30am
This option consists of individuals running a 5K course consisting of three loops (no walkers will be permitted; runners must be able to complete one mile in less than 12 minutes). Time chips will be used to provide individual loop times and final time. Top runners will be awarded prizes.
PRICING: $10 pre-registration; $20 Race Day
RACE TIME: 8:00am
- Altar spaces are free of charge and filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Size of space reserved is 10 feet x 10 feet.
- Altars can be placed on the ground or on tables.
- Canopies are allowed only in the designated canopy area.
- Staking to the ground is not allowed, but weights/water weights are permitted.
- Altars must not be left unattended at any time.SET-UP TIME
- Set up time begins Friday at 6pm and must be completed by 5 am on Saturday.
- After 5 am, space will be available again at 11 am on Saturday.
- Overnight stay is welcome.
- Items must not be left unattended at any time.ALTAR DECORATIONS
- Participants must provide their own altar items (tables, table covers, decorations, etc.)
- Battery operated candles are permitted.
- No flame candles or smoke producing items allowed.ALTAR DISMANTLING
- Dismantling begins at 4 pm and must be completed by 5 pm.The City of San Fernando is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
208 Park Avenue, San Fernando, CA 91340
(818) 898-1290| Recreation@sfcity.org