The Recreation and Community Services Department is excited to announce that the Providence Holy Cross Healthy San Fernando 5K Relay Walk or Run will be combined with the Dia de los Muertos event as part of the six-month Healthy San Fernando! Campaign. The goal is to improve the health of the community. This fun and healthy event includes:
- 5K Run/Walk Relay*
- 5K Individual Run*
- Kids Run
- Health Fair/Expo
- Health Screenings
- Art Exhibit**
- Face Painting and Children’s Workshops
Date: October 27, 2018 Time: 8 am to 11 am Where: Recreation Park
208 Park Avenue, San Fernando
* A 5K (3.1 miles) relay consisting of three loops of approximately 1.6K (1.03 miles) each.
** Exhibit your art or build an alter in remembrance of a loved one free of charge. Reserve your space today!
This option consists of a team of three people that can walk and/or run the course. Each team member will complete one loop. Time chips will be used to provide individual loop times and final team time. Top three teams from each category awarded prizes. All levels are encouraged to participate. All teams are three participants.
To sign up, a team captain must create the team profile and complete all team member information, including name, address, contact (email), date of birth, etc. to complete the registration process. All levels are encouraged to participate!
RELAY TEAM CATEGORIES INCLUDE:
OPEN: Individuals of all ages/levels
FAMILY: Minimum of one child and one adult
SCHOOL/YOUTH NON-PROFIT: Individuals representing a school/non-profit
This option consists of individuals running a 5K course consisting of three loops (no walkers will be permitted; runners must be able to complete one mile in less than 12 minutes). Time chips will be used to provide individual loop times and final time. Top runners will be awarded prizes.
- Altar spaces are free of charge and filled on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Size of space reserved is 10 feet x 10 feet
- Set-up must be complete by 1 pm on the day of the event and must be taken down by 8 pm
- Weights and water jugs may be used to weigh down your altar
- You may use battery operated candles
- You must provide your own set-up items, including: tables, table cloths, decorations, etc.
- Staking to the ground of any kind is not permitted
- No open flames are allowed
208 Park Avenue, San Fernando, CA 91340
(818) 898-1290| Recreation@sfcity.org