The driver will wait for an individual at the curb of a public street in front of or as close to the riders house, building or other designated pick-up location, as possible.
Only residents of the City of San Fernando can use the MCT to approved medical sites outside of the City Limits.
Be prepared to give the dispatcher the following information:
- Name and phone number
- Number of passengers riding with you
- Pick up address
- Requested pick-up time
- Destination address
- Return ride information
- Special Assistance (walker, wheelchair, escort)
- Monday through Friday; 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Saturday and Sunday; 12 pm to 5 pm
The Mission City Transit does not operate on Saturdays, Sundays, or the following National holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
You must have a ticket or exact fare (drivers do not handle money)
- $0.50 – Senior Citizens Age 60+
- $0.50 – Handicapped Persons
- $0.75 – General Public
You may purchase a Ten-Trip Ticket at the following locations:
- City Hall, 117 Macneil Street, San Fernando
- Recreation Park, 208 Park Avenue, San Fernando
- Las Palmas Park, 505 South Huntington Street, San Fernando
- Be prepared at the curb to board when the bus arrives.
- Be sure to allow 20 to 40 minutes for the Mission City Transit bus to arrive. The driver cannot wait more than two minutes.
- If you are not ready for pick-up, you may be considered a NO-SHOW and you will need to reschedule your trip. The driver will only wait until the dispatched time.
- Plan for a slightly longer travel time than by private automobile since buses may make additional stops.
To cancel a reservation, please call (818) 366-4119 at least 24 hours in advance. Cancellations are important to those trying to schedule an appointment.
- All passengers must wear seatbelts.
- Tipping is prohibited.
- A maximum of 4 grocery bags per person can be carried on the MCT unless a personal cart is provided.
- Children 7 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a rider 12 years or older.
- Appointments are required and may be made up to two weeks in advance.
- If you decide not to ride the MCT, call and cancel your pick-up; failure to cancel or three no-shows may result in suspension of service for thirty days.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
208 Park Avenue, San Fernando, CA 91340
(818) 898-1290| Recreation@sfcity.org
505 South Huntington, San Fernando, CA 91340
(818) 898-7340| Recreation@sfcity.org