- Road Closures
- Severe Weather
- Utility Failures
- Power Outages
- Traffic Alerts
- Missing Persons
- And Much More!
In the event of an emergency, residents and community members will receive a message with the latest information and safety instructions. Alert San Fernando sends a message through your primary contact path. If you don’t confirm receipt of the message, the system will try to reach your second contact path and continues trying to reach you until you confirm receipt.
HOW ARE ALERTS SENT?
Residents and community members may receive alerts via:
- Home, Cell or Business Phone
- Hearing Impaired Receiving Devices
- Push Notifications
- Text Messages
- And Many More!
WHY SHOULD YOU SIGN UP?
If we can’t reach you, we can’t alert you! The success of this service depends on YOU. Having your latest contact information is the only way to ensure that we can contact you in an emergency. It only takes a couple of minutes to enroll.
All contact information registered with Alert San Fernando is maintained in a secure manner and never sold or used except to provide emergency information or other urgent information.
Once you have registered for Alert San Fernando, we also recommend you register with the Los Angeles County counterpart, Alert LA. San Fernando residents are encouraged to register with both systems to ensure you receive the most up-to-date information.
- Public Meetings
- City Council & Successor Agency Meetings
- Disaster Council Meetings
- Education Commission Meetings
- Parks, Wellness and Recreation Commission Meetings
- Planning & Preservation Commission Meetings
- Senior Citizens Advisory Board Meetings
- Transportation & Safety Commission Meetings
- Business Watch
- City Manager’s Monthly Report
- General Interest
- Metro Light Rail Updates
- Neighborhood Watch
- Park Clean-ups
- Recreation Programming
- Special Events