STARTING TRASH & RECYCLING SERVICES
You can also schedule Auto Payment, call to sign-up!
SAN FERNANDO CITY HALL
117 Macneil Street
San Fernando, CA 91340
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
12 pm to 4 pm
REPUBLIC SERVICES SRVS#902
P.O. Box 78829
Phoenix AZ 85062-8829
- Containers must be set out by 7 am on collection day.
- Containers should be placed for collection on the street side of the sidewalks, in the parkway, or in driveways next to the street.
- Containers should not be placed in the gutter or in the street.
- When properties border an alley, containers should be placed at or next to the property line in the alley, but in no case should the containers obstruct any vehicle travel through the alley.
- Emptied containers should be removed as soon as possible after collection, but no later than 7 pm on the day of collection.
BULKY ITEM PICK-UP & DROP-OFF
Each year, residents are allowed 6 bulky item pick-up requests (approximately 3 large items per request). Residents may call or email Republic Services to schedule pick-ups and place items at the curb on the scheduled date.
Quarterly, Republic Services hosts quarterly bulky item drop-off and semi-annual Shred Day for City of San Fernando residents in the Civic Center Parking Lot, located at the corner of First Street and Maclay Avenue.
Whether living in multi-family complexes or single-family homes, residents will be able to drop-off bulky items such as furniture, appliances, electronics, and mattresses for proper disposal. Used books will also be accepted and donated to local libraries.
Items such as concrete, asphalt, dirt, construction and demolition material, and hazardous waste will not be accepted.
Proof of residency will be required.
- February 19, 2022; 8 am – 12 pm: Bulky Item Drop-Off, E-Waste Collection, Free Compost Giveaway, and Shred Day
- May 21, 2022; 8 am to 12 pm: Bulky Item Drop-Off, E-Waste Collection, and Free Compost Giveaway
- August 13, 2022; 8 am to 12 pm: Bulky Item Drop-Off, E-Waste Collection, Free Compost Giveaway, and Shred Day
- November 19, 2022; 8 am to 12 pm: Bulky Item Drop-Off, E-Waste Collection, and Free Compost Giveaway
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Community Development’s Code Enforcement Division patrols trash day areas to investigate individuals scavenging trash containers to collect recyclables. To help deter scavenging, place your recycling container out at 7 am on your scheduled collection day, not the night before.
To report scavengers contact the Code Enforcement Division.
City Hall | Community Development
(818) 898-1227 | CommunityDevelopment@sfcity.org
- Commercial/Businesses: AB 341 Mandatory Commercial Recycling – State law requires that every business that generates four or more cubic yards of waste, establish recycling services.