Our team strives to create new job opportunities, encourage innovative ideas, attract new investments, boost commercial activities and sales tax revenues, create vibrant neighborhoods, and improve the quality of life for residents, business community, and visitors of San Fernando.
City of San Fernando's
2023 Year in Review
VISIT THESE SITES TO LEARN MORE
LOVE SAN FERNANDO!
Celebrate love and community together and support the businesses that make San Fernando special! Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift or planning a romantic evening, our local businesses have you covered. Plus, by shopping locally, you’re not just getting great deals – you’re investing in the heart of our community.
Visit ShopLocal.LA/Win-San-Fernando to win prizes!
Let’s make this Valentine’s Day a celebration of love and support for San Fernando’s thriving businesses!
DOWNTOWN SAN FERNANDO
The City is currently developing a Downtown Master Plan to help guide the future development and revitalization of the City’s historic downtown area.
For more information and to sign up for project updates, visit SFDowntownMasterPlan.com.
San Fernando Outdoor Market is hosted once a month in San Fernando Mall, and it’s free to attend. It brings together local business owners and artisans throughout the area with over 90+ vendors showcasing a variety of products, services, music, classic cars, food and entertainment. For more information: San Fernando Outdoor Market.
NEW & COMING SOON!
- Dog Haus – 1001 San Fernando Rd (Early 2024)
- Target – 12920 Foothill Blvd. (Early-Mid 2024)
- American Fruits & Flavors (Early-Mid 2024)
*Anticipated opening dates are subject to change.
Interested in locating your business in San Fernando? We’re happy to help you find the right location! Please contact Kanika Kith, Deputy City Manager/Economic Development at KKith@sfcity.org or call (818) 898-8316.
START YOUR BUSINESS IN SAN FERNANDO
- Apply for a Business License from the Finance Department
Need help? Please contact Kanika Kith, Deputy City Manager/Economic Development at KKith@sfcity.org or call (818) 898-7316.
AVAILABLE PROPERTIES IN SAN FERNANDO
For available properties and opportunities please contact Kanika Kith, Deputy City Manager/Economic Development at KKith@sfcity.org or call (818) 898-7316.
BUSINESS PROGRAMS & INCENTIVES
- Site Selection Assistance – Free site selection assistance to new and existing businesses in the City. This assistance consists of a confidential site search for available properties based on specific needs and site criteria.
- Business Concierge Service – Businesses receive one-on-one assistance to navigate through the City’s permitting, entitlement and development process.
- Facilitation of Business Resources – Help facilitate contacts and resources to a variety of federal, state, and local programs and incentives.
- Market Analysis Assistance – Free market analysis and demographic information to assist with the decision-making process for businesses looking to locate or expand in San Fernando.
In addition, we partner with the San Fernando Chamber of Commerce to provide marketing and social medial support.
- Marketing & Social Media Support – The San Fernando Chamber of Commerce helps promote local business through multiple digital channels including social media and e-mail newsletters. More information on the San Fernando Chamber of Commerce: SanFernando.com/
UPCOMING WEBINAR & TRAINING
Furthermore, the City is an active member of the Valley Economic Alliance (Alliance), an organization dedicated to advancing economic growth and vitality in the San Fernando Valley. The Alliance provides a spectrum of services, including strategic resources, workforce programs, and networking opportunities. Through membership in the Alliance, local businesses in the City gain access to valuable business support services such as financial mentorship and marketing assistance.