WHAT IS CENSUS 2020 AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
HOW DOES CENSUS 2020 BENEFIT THE SAN FERNANDO COMMUNITY?
- Medicaid/Medicare Part B
- State Children’s Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP)
- Community Health Center Programs
HOUSING & FAMILY PROGRAMS
- Community Development Block Grants
- Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers
- Foster Care Programs
- Child Care Programs
- Free/Reduced School Lunch Programs
- WIC and SNAP Programs
- Head Start Program
- Title I Grants to Local Education Agencies
- Special Education Grants (IDEA)
HIGHWAY PLANNING AND CONSTRUCTION
DO I HAVE TO RESPOND TO THE CENSUS?
In March 2020, an invitation to complete your 2020 Census Questionnaire should arrive in the mail. Some households may receive an invitation accompanied by a paper questionnaire.
A Census Taker may visit your home later this year to collect information for the 2020 Census. If they do, check to make sure they have a valid ID badge with their photograph, a U.S. Department of Commerce watermark, and an expiration date. Census workers may also carry Census Bureau bags and other equipment with the Census Bureau logo.