NATURAL GAS PROVIDER
To apply for water service, or to make any changes to your existing account, you will need to go to City Hall. You will need to fill out an application for service. The City also requires the following documents be presented at time of new account set up:
- A current picture identification/Driver’s License
- Social Security Number or Business Tax I.D.
- A $100.00 deposit is required for residential accounts and a $150.00 deposit is required for commercial accounts (unless you have already established a credit history with the City of San Fernando).
- Businesses must have a current business license on file with the city
- If you are a renter, bring the name, address and/or telephone number of the landlord. (The business license of the landlord for residential rental MUST be checked every time the account changes).
There are four ways to make your payment:
- By mail
- In person at the San Fernando City Hall; we accept checks, money orders, cash, and debit cards with a transaction fee of $1.50.
- Night drop-box; If our office is closed, there is a drop-box located outside our main entrance on the right-hand side. Place your payment in an envelope and put it in the drop box. NO CASH PLEASE. Payments received in the drop-box will be processed by 9:00 am the next business day.
- AutoPay – Available to all City of San Fernando water customers. It is a direct debit program that works with your bank for a quick and simple way to pay your utility bill electronically.
Sandra Soto, Senior Account Clerk
(818) 898-1213 | SSoto@sfcity.org
WHY SHOULD I SIGN-UP FOR AUTOPAY?
- To save time
- To write fewer checks
- Bills are paid even if you are out of town
- To save on postage
- To avoid late charges
- Easy enrollment
Notice: There are “NO” other agencies authorized to receive payments on behalf of the City of San Fernando. If paid elsewhere, the City is not responsible if payment is delayed and the penalty cannot be removed because the bill was not received.
In October of 2011 the city began using Sequoia Financial Services to assist the City with delinquent collections.
(818) 898-1208 | LCruz@sfcity.org
- HOW DO I DISCONTINUE SERVICE?
The City of Sn Fernando makes it easy for you to close your account. Just call (818) 898-1213 or come into City Hall and provide the following information:
- Account number or address to be closed
- Date to close account (excluding Fridays, weekends, and holidays)
- Forwarding address and telephone number
- WHAT SERVICES ARE INCLUDED IN MY UTILITY BILL?
Your utility bill includes charges for water and sewer.
- WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY BILL?
- Bills will come in the first ten days of odd/even/every month(s)
- Non-delivery by post office is not a valid excuse for not paying on time
- Please telephone us at (818)893-1213 for a duplicate bill before the end of the month
- WHEN IS A BILL PAYMENT CONSIDERED LATE AND WHAT ARE THE FEES?
- Meters are read and billed every two months. Accounts not paid in the month in which the bills are issued become delinquent. A second bill is mailed to overdue accounts with information regarding procedures if charges are not paid by the third week of the month in which they become delinquent. Approximately three working days before the scheduled turn-off date, a final notice is delivered by messenger to every unit on the premises. If an account is disconnected for delinquency, the bill, and administrative/turn-on fee, and a deposit equivalent to the delinquent bill, must be paid in cash or money order before the service is resumed. Water meters are read using a hand-held meter reader, computer, and software interfaced with our mainframe computer system.
- A bill payment is considered late when it is not paid or post marked by the due date indicated on your bill. There is no grace period.
- The first bill that you will receive in the mail is colored blue. If you fail to pay this on time you will receive a green bill.
- The green bill will include a 10% penalty. If you fail to pay this bill on time you will receive a red bill.
- The red bill is a shut-off notice and will include a $10.00 fee for the process and delivery of the notice. If you fail to pay by 9:00 am on shut-off day, your water will be shut-off and there will be an additional $40.00 turn-on fee, an additional deposit may be required and all payments must be made with cash on shut-off day.