The City contracts with Republic Services for refuse collection and recycling services.
STARTING TRASH/RECYCLING SERVICE
There are a few things to keep in mind to make your trash collection day go smoothly each week.
- Containers must be set out by 7 am on collection day.
- Containers should be placed for collection on the street side of the sidewalks, in the parkway, or in driveways next to the street.
- Containers should not be placed in the gutter or in the street.
- When properties border an alley, containers should be placed at or next to the property line in the alley, but in no case should the containers obstruct any vehicle travel through the alley.
- Emptied containers should be removed as soon as possible after collection, but no later than 7 pm on the day of collection.
Code Enforcement patrols trash day areas to investigate individuals scavenging trash containers to collect recyclables. To help deter scavenging, place your recycling container out at 7 am on your scheduled collection day, not the night before.
To report scavengers contact the Code Enforcement Division.
Consolidated Disposal observes the following holidays, therefore, sanitation collection will not take place on:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
CITY HALL | Public Works Department
117 Macneil Street, San Fernando, CA 91340
CITY HALL | Code Enforcement Division
(818) 898-1227 | CommunityDevelopment@sfcity.org
(800) 299-4898 | DLITLA-WebsiteContactUs@RepublicServices.com
- Monday / Tuesday / Thursday
- 12 pm to 4 pm
Whether living in multi-family complexes or single-family homes, residents will be able to drop-off bulky items such as furniture, appliances, electronics, and mattresses for proper disposal. Used books will also be accepted and donated to local libraries.
Items such as concrete, asphalt, dirt, construction and demolition material, and hazardous waste will not be accepted.
Proof of residency will be required.
Click the links below for more information.
February 18, 2017Rescheduled due to Threat of Rain; New Date February 25, 2017