The agenda report associated with this topic will be posted by 6 pm on November 15, 2019. Click Here to be redirected to the City Council page.
The City of San Fernando is currently considering regulations that could allow cannabis businesses in the future, but nothing final has been established.
What do you think about the Cannabis (Marijuana) Industry coming to our City?
Don’t forget to subscribe to our distribution list (see link below) to stay informed!
- Marijuana, pot, and weed are other terms for cannabis.
- Cultivation is growing cannabis plants.
- Manufacturing is producing cannabis products, including food products, cosmetic products, oils, and supplements.
- Sale is dispensing of cannabis products from a physical retail location, including non-storefront sales.
Prop 64 legalized the non-medical use of cannabis by persons 21 years of age and over, with certain restrictions, and provides for industry licensing and establishes standards for marijuana products. It allows for state and local regulation and taxation of marijuana businesses. Most of the revenue from such taxes would support youth programs, environmental protection, and law enforcement.
On September 18, 2017, the San Fernando City Council adopted an Urgency Ordinance to expressly prohibit all medicinal and adult-use commercial cannabis activities throughout the City, excluding medicinal-only cannabis deliveries originating from qualified licensed retailers located outside of the City. See below for complete text of the Ordinance.
117 Macneil Street, San Fernando, CA 91340
(818) 898-1202 | CityManager@sfcity.org
- Urgency Ordinance No. 1669-U (9/18/17): Amending City Code to Expressly Prohibit All Medicinal and Adult-Use Commercial Cannabis Activities Throughout the City, Excluding Medicinal-Only Cannabis Deliveries Originating from Qualified Licensed Retailers Located Outside of the City’s Boundaries
- Ordinance No. 1659 (11/21/16): Prohibiting Outdoor Personal Marijuana Cultivation and Establishing Regulations and a Permitting Process for the Indoor Personal Cultivation of Marijuana, Subject to California Voter Approval of Prop 64
- Urgency Ordinance No. 1658-U (11/7/16): Prohibiting Outdoor Personal Marijuana Cultivation and Establishing Regulations and a Permitting Process for Indoor Personal Cultivation of Marijuana, Subject to California Voter Approval of Prop 64
- Ordinance No. 1654 (5/16/16): Amending City Code to Expressly Prohibit Medical Cannabis Dispensaries, Medical Cannabis Cultivation, City-Based Medical Cannabis Delivery Operations, and All Commercial Cannabis Activities in All Areas of the City, Excluding Medical Cannabis Delivery Activities Originating from Legal Dispensaries Outside of the City
- Urgency Ordinance No. 1597-U (2/1/10): Interim Ordinance Further Extending the Interim Ordinance Prohibiting Marijuana Dispensaries on All Zoning Districts
- Urgency Ordinance No. 1588-U (4/6/09): Interim Ordinance Extending the Interim Ordinance Prohibiting Marijuana Dispensaries in All Zoning Districts
- Urgency Ordinance No. 1587-U (3/2/09): Interim Ordinance Prohibiting the Establishment of Marijuana Dispensaries in Any Zoning District Within the City